Dress To Impress According Your Body Type
Women have different body types, divided in 4 categories:
- Apple shape
- Pear shape
- Hourglass shape
- Straight/rectangular body type
Determine which type you are, according to your curves, in order to find the best suiting clothes for you.
First, watch carefully the shape of your curves, how they connect the waist, hips and bust.
Take a measurement of the waist, bust and hips, and find out in which category you belong according to the sizes.
For the Western countries, the most common size is 36“-24“-36“, but no need to pressure yourself to fit in these measures.
Now, let`s see what kind of clothes suits your shape.
Always try to draw attention away from the midriff. How?
- The details should be on the lower and top third of the body
- Draw attention to the bust and neck
- Avoid wearing belts and dresses
- Wear more flared pants and bottoms to draw attention away from the midriff
- Dark colors are perfect for you
- Draw the attention away from the waist and shoulders
- Wear tops covering the curves on the middle section.
Minimize the attention to the lower half, and focus on the shoulders and bust.
- Wear tops which uncover the shoulders
- Right sized bra is very important. Use push-up to add more curves on the top
- Balance the top with the bottom
- Avoid leggings or pants that narrow the legs
- Perfect combination would be straight-leg pants with heels.
The most beautiful natural curve, so dress to make them more visible and noticeable.
- Follow the outline of the body by wearing a dress which shows the curves.
- Wear supportive bra to make the breasts perky, not saggy
- Balance the top and the bottom
- Put a focus on the waist and show off the curves as much as possible
- Wear dresses and tops with V-neck, especially if you have big bust, but don`t wear necklaces.
Straight body type
Show off the curve, but be careful with a few things:
- Make the curves noticeable to avoid looking very thin
- Avoid baggy jeans or track clothes
- To add some pinch at the waist, wear big belts
- Add volume to the figure with ruffles and frills
- Wear mini skirt as much as you like, especially if your legs are high and straight